We have a great opportunity for a Business Development Specialist (Lead Generation) to join our expanding team.
Eque2 are a Microsoft Gold Partner and Sage’s preferred Business Partner for contracting software into the construction industry. Our systems benefit from unrivalled research and development input. Over 1,900 small to very large businesses use our range of innovative software – financial and contract management; estimating, cost planning and post-contract; house building; document management and distribution tools.
Eque2 are the most adopted solution provider in the construction sector, by some margin. This is not a position that we take for granted and invest heavily in customer retention and account management. Subsequently Eque2 are very profitable, cash generative and acquisitive.
As a result of our continued growth, an excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Management Accountant to join the Eque2 finance team focussing on our Small to Medium Sized Business division (SMB).
A key role in the finance team taking responsibility for timely and accurate monthly management accounting and assisting the Head of Finance to ensure a smooth day to day running of the finance department. This role will specifically focus on the Small to Medium Sized Business division of Eque2 which is experiencing rapid transactional growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Preparation of monthly management accounts for your area of the business
– Detailed revenue and gross margin analysis by product and revenue type
– Review and analysis of overhead spend to budgeted and forecast costs
– Providing support to other finance members each month-end as required to ensure timely completion of customer invoicing and processing of orders
– Completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliation for your areas of the business
– Completion of monthly commissions statements for your area of the business
– Assisting Account Management with customer renewal queries as required
– Collating details for monthly payroll and ensuring all items are correctly reflected
– Preparation of annual P11D information
– Ensuring business processes and controls are in place and are adhered to by all areas of the business
– Identifying and implement process improvements to improve efficiency
– Providing assistance to auditors on an annual basis
– Ad hoc revenue and cost analysis as required by the Head of Finance
Skills / Attributes Required
– At least 3 years’ experience working in industry
– Sound knowledge of accounting terms and concepts
– Confident user of Microsoft Excel and experience in use of Accounting systems (experience of Microsoft Navision would be an advantage)
– Good organisation skills and ability to prioritise to meet deadlines
– Strong attention to detail to ensure high accuracy on all tasks given
– Honesty and discretion when accessing sensitive and confidential data
– Good team player skills with a ‘happy to help’ attitude
– Ability to work under time pressure, especially at month end
– ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualification would be preferential but not essential
Excellent company benefits package; pension, healthcare, annual bonus
Location – Variable, based in one of the Eque2 offices