Eque2 provide a full suite of software solutions for the Construction sector.
£16M turnover and growing rapidly with offices in Birmingham, Glasgow, Newcastle, Manchester, Farnham and Maidenhead. This is an internal sales role based out of Newcastle office selling our range of cloud solutions to small contractors with turnover up to £3m.
The main focus of the role is to build relationships with named accounts, creating opportunities and closing orders. There is also a significant amount of account management which may involve liaising with support, finance and professional service teams on behalf of the customer.
The base team work on a ‘buddy’ system with 3 people covering the ‘north’ and 3 people covering the ‘south’. Typically, we have two desk-based account managers working with one field-based person. Performance against target is calculated on all sales within a given territory whether closed by field or office team.
Order value ranges from £500 to £15,000 within territory, although most orders dealt with by office team are typically <£5000.
- Dealing with a large number of opportunities at one time
- Achieve 100% penetration of your customer base list
- Proactively identify and win sales opportunities
- Maintain your opportunity pipeline
- Report sales and activity in formal weekly forecast calls and monthly sales meetings
- Achieve a minimum average daily dials & talk time target.
- Logging enquiries and leads in the CRM database
- Cleansing data to maintain accurate company and contact records within the CRM database
- Maintaining accurate S-Codes within CRM
Prerequisites and Attributes
- At least 24 months experience in an internal / office sales role
- Good understanding of the sales cycle
- Demonstrable track record of achieving results in fast paced environment
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and write compelling professional emails
- Excellent administration and good use of CRM
- Excellent negotiation skills
- A high degree of self-motivation and ambition
- The skills to work both independently and as part of a team
- The capability to flourish in a competitive environment
Advantageous – Need at least 1 of the top 3
1) Broad understanding of the construction industry would be useful
2) Experience working for a software company
3) Understanding of accounts, payroll or other operational software products
- Telephone interview
- Face to face interview
Training and Prospects
- Detailed training and induction, that includes product, process, technology and selling skills
- Excellent career prospects; with clearly defined career development program, created around the candidate’s key strengths (our most successful field sales/account management team members come from our internal sales team)
- Potential for this to develop into a field sales or other more senior role Excellent company benefits package; pension and healthcare.